WE ARE CURRENTLY HIRING FOR THESE POSITIONS:
Good Cents Bookkeeping Inc was founded by Justine Lackey in 2009. Leaders in the virtual bookkeeping industry, Good Cents is a woman-owned business that provides client-centered bookkeeping services to thriving small businesses across the United States.
We work exclusively with service-based businesses; our clients range from artists, creative professionals, coaches, to Internet marketers and consultants. Our goal is to provide an “atmosphere of excellence” for our team and our clients.
As early adopters, Good Cents' passion for technology has helped our firm to operate at top efficiency and positions us as a leader in the accounting industry.
Driven by a passion for technology, Good Cents prides itself on being early adopters of new software, apps, and platforms. This allows our firm to run at top efficiency while positioning us as leaders in the accounting industry. Our team focuses on learning, growth and respect (and also fun!).
This environment provides an outstanding customer experience for our clients – we deliver impeccable bookkeeping, communicate clearly and quickly, and deeply respect our clients as business owners.
As an organization we believe work/life balance is an attainable goal achievable through teamwork and great communication. By combining their creativity, technical know-how and problem solving skills, Team GCB delivers the most effective services to our clients. Our operations are 100% remote, with flexibility in scheduling and an environment that encourages professional growth and development. We continually invest in our team members and their skills through continued training and education.
about the position:
This position’s primary goal is to provide an outstanding bookkeeping and client experience to our customers. This goal is achieved by flawlessly executing recurring, and one off, bookkeeping tasks.
As a senior bookkeeper you will be working directly with our full service and monthly bookkeeping clients. Your role includes managing the day-to-day bookkeeping functions for our small business clients including processing and managing Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable, monthly reconciliations of bank, credit card, loan, and merchant services accounts.
You will act as a liaison between our clients and their tax preparers and/or accountants helping them to file their tax returns on time, pay estimated taxes, and stay in compliance regarding payroll and mandatory insurance such as Workman’s Compensation and Disability.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Managing Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable
- Entering financial transactions into accounting software
- Processing payroll and tax filing reviews
- Managing backup documentation and saving to G-Drive, QuickBooks or both
- Collecting W9s from vendors and 1099 preparation
- Monthly reconciliations of all active bank, credit card, loan, other accounts or data
- Sending weekly and monthly client reports as directed by their Statement of Work
- Communicate and interact with clients via email, phone or Zoom
- Sourcing and implementing QBO apps
- Striving to increase efficiency, improve the accounting process, and find ways to automate whenever possible
- Assisting with paying of various taxes
- Meeting client deadlines
- Notifying senior staff and management of accounting errors
- Weekly/Biweekly Zoom meetings with Good Cents team
DOCUMENTING PROCESSES AND SYSTEMS
- Create and maintain SOPs for any client-specific bookkeeping processes
- Updating any existing client documents
- Suggesting and creating new documents and systems when there is a need
- Updating project management system with new processes or revising existing processes as needed
SKILLS & ABILITIES
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in professional accounting services and in particular using QuickBooks Online
- A strong ability to manage multiple responsibilities daily
- A passion and aptitude for technology including problem solving, troubleshooting, and being an “early adopter”
- A helpful disposition – working with people’s money is delicate, so it’s crucial you be 100% driven by a powerful and positive client experience
- You have the ability to use: Google Calendar & G Suite, Zoom. Experience with TeamWork a plus
- The ability to untangle, and solve, complex financial or accounting problems
- The ability to speak up when processes aren’t working according and present solutions to help us recalibrate workflows
- Highly organized and able to anticipate the next steps or questions that may arise
- A high level of professionalism and emotional maturity.
- You must be a self-starter with the ability to be productive from your home office.
- Uses good judgement to act in the best interest of the organization and as a representative of the organization to employees, clients and vendors
- Incredibly high follow-through. Detail is your middle name. You have high standards and mediocre is not a word in your vocabulary.
- You’re invested in becoming the best you can be and excited to work with a fun lovin’ team who’s happy to help you get there!
- Responsive and communicative. You know how to close the loop and confirm assignments are received and completed.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
Please submit a resume and writing sample on your favorite pastime, hobby, artist, musician or author. Both documents must be sent in a PDF and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Bookkeeper.”
ABOUT OUR HIRING PROCESS
All resumes will be reviewed and candidates will be contacted for a brief phone interview. Second interviews will be held in person and full background checks will be completed. Final candidates will be invited to work on a per diem basis for 1-2 weeks to make sure skill and personality set are a fit for our office. Signing a confidentiality and non-compete agreement are required prior to hiring.